As the years go by, so do the lessons. They come in various guises. Some arrive as close friendships only to reveal betrayal’s underbelly as the Teacher; Others enter as passionate love affairs that break apart on the seas of trust. Bereavement can attack your core values & belief system.
Wisdom comes in many forms. We may not realize the lesson until many years later & be grateful for that painful Pearl it revealed. Here are some of the lessons I’ve learnt. I hope they help you, make you smile as you see your own lessons mirrored Their-in or help you in the middle of your current life lesson: Firstly,
* Learn to come from a place of non reactivity. We ALL have issues, everyone is fighting an invisible battle with some current lesson moving through their life. Remember that before you react. * If you can count your blessings & friends on the one hand you’re doing well.
* Don’t allow betrayal to make you bitter. Learn the lesson and move on. Don’t take your past into your present. There are good people in the world.
* Most folk are too busy worrying about themselves to give a flying monkeys what you are doing with your life. * Trust your gut.
It truly never lies.
* when you ignore the above, try not to beat the crap out of yourself, but acknowledge the gift of hindsight & TRUST YOUR GUT next time! * Treat yourself! You are worth it!
* If you wouldn’t say it to a person’s face don’t post it online.
* If you would say it to a person’s face, let it pass through the Buddha’s 3 gates.Is it kind? Is it necessary? Is it true?
* Stay away from Toxic people & gossips. He who gossips to you will gossip about you. There are no exceptions. * Don’t gossip. Allow the salacious whispers to die with you. * No is a perfect full sentence.
* Your time is valuable. Only gift it to those that are worthy.
* Look after your health. Our bodies are truly amazing & can take so much abuse. You will never realise how precious it is until it’s taken from you. * Set healthy boundaries with Everyone in your life.
* You might think you’re great company but don’t overstay your welcome in a person’s home.
* When visiting bring a small gift or token of appreciation for your host. Also send a card of thanks after attending a party. It truly is appreciated.
* Send that Mass card. Go to a removal. Death is a part of life. Families appreciate the support.
* Don’t leave it until someone dies to meet up with old friends/ family members. Lift the phone.
* Appreciate your parents. Learn from them. Call them. Never again will you have two people so completely in your corner. (If your parents were toxic, learn how not to parent & look after your mental health).
* A healthy ambition is good, but do not allow it to take over your life. Cultivate hobbies & interests outside of work.
* Teenagers need space. They also need a lot of love. Keep giving hugs. Get used to swearing under your breath!
* Animals are earth angels. If you have a pet you get it! We need to protect them & give them a voice in the world.
* Let your friends be there for you in times of trial. As it’s the quickest way to find out who your true friends are.
* Be wary of strangers who tell you their entire life story upon meeting them. Hold on to your personal space. These people just want to dump on you! Avoid at all costs!
* Look after your mental health. There will come a time in your life where you will face mental anguish. Talk. Reach out. In some cases seek professional help. Your beautiful heart deserves all the help it can get. * Diets don’t work. Healthy eating & exercise does. Your welcome….!
* Drink water. Your skin is your bodies largest organ. The difference it makes is shocking! * Laugh. Often & with whomever or whatever makes you chuckle!
* Music is truly balm for the soul. Rough day? Blare your Power tunes! There’s a song for every situation. If you feel a cloud descending…….! * Carry tissues! They will always come in handy!
* Make plans! Whether it be for a holiday, a concert or a longed for night out. Give yourself something to look forward to.
* Learn about other cultures. It truly is fascinating how amazing the world is. It also helps to broaden your views. * Travel. See the world if you can. See above!
* Volunteer. Seek a charity close to your heart. Donate. Rescue. Your life will change for the better I promise. Here’s a secret I will let you in on….you get back much more than you give when you volunteer. You truly make a difference in another’s life. * Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle or tell you what you can or can’t do. * Believe in yourself.
* Be kind. Always.
©️Fiona Ní Mhuirri